This rule applies to, but is not limited to, the in-game voice communication, the in-game chat, your avatar, your username, your in-game tag and any content you upload or embed on our website or forum such as images, GIFs or your forum signature.
§1.1 - Account
You are responsible for your own account. When rules are being broken, we will punish the account that broke them, no matter who was playing at that time.
§1.2 - Ban Evading
Creating or using another account to get around a temporary or permanent ban. If the evidence points that you have ban evaded, staff reserve the right to ban you again without notification. Evidence for ban evading cannot be disclosed due to it containing confidential server-side information.
§1.3 - Spamming or Abuse
Using any of the report or communication systems provided on TopFrag services inappropriately. This can include but is not limited to spamming them, reporting users multiple times with the same evidence and misusing the system for its intended purposes.
§1.4 - Reporting users Any breaches of the below rules might result in a 30 day ban from our report section for a first offense, and a permanent ban for a second offense, and will lead to your report getting rejected.
● The evidence you provide cannot have been recorded more than 14 days ago.
● The evidence you provide us must be available for the length of the ban applied, plus one month.
● Evidence submitted in the report should not be modified (cropped, retouched or blurred) in a way that affects the context of the violation.
● Evidence containing insults or otherwise offensive marks from the reporter won't be accepted and the reporter might be banned for inappropriate use of language, depending on the severity.
● Ban Evading violations cannot be reported to the TopFrag Team, such violations are handled through internal processes.
● You can not report players with evidence that has not been recorded in-game by yourself.
● Asking for a staff's priority with handling a report is not permitted.
● It is mandatory to fill in all required fields accurately when creating a report.
● For some basic guidelines on reporting, please look at this forum post here.
§1.5 - Inappropriate use of language
Using insults of any sort to put another user down. This can include but is not limited to racism, discrimination, discussing/expressing (extreme) political views, illegal or inappropriate situations.
● Light insults in chat such as "idiot" and "noob" are normally not punished, however, if abused they will be.
● Profanity without any insult is punishable. Bans or kicks are issued at our staff's discretion.
● Behaviour that is considered to be threatening towards any user of our service is not allowed, and will not be tolerated.
§1.6 - Impersonation of any kind
● Impersonating other users, staff members, political figures, law enforcement, leaders and authorities of any kind or acting like someone who is more superior.
§1.7 - Inappropriate content
● Any reference related to drugs, other illegal substances, pornographic or sexual content or otherwise illicit matters.
● Discussing/expressing (extreme) political views is not permitted.
● Sharing personal details, including links to social media accounts about other users is not allowed.
● Flashing and blinking images/GIFs are not allowed. This type of content can negatively impact those that suffer from photosensitive epilepsy, who are vulnerable to flashing lights or contrasting light and dark patterns.
● Linking or providing access to unsafe websites or content is not allowed.
● Your name must consist of only alphanumeric characters without the use of different fonts or styles.
§1.8 - Law and piracy
● No violation of international laws or national laws that can apply to TopFrag is allowed.
● You are not allowed to share, upload or otherwise enable software piracy using any of our platforms.
§1.9 - Backseat moderation
It is the role of our moderation staff to seek out and identify offences on our platforms while they are moderating the TopFrag community. Do not take matters into your own hands. If you see something that breaks the rules, please report the post, topic or user on the appropriate system.
§1.10 - Incitement
You are not allowed to use our platforms to provide content that encourages, assists or otherwise allows other members to break TopFrags rules.
§1.11 - Ambiguity
If, for any reason, there are ambiguous terms in the rules, or terms which could be "open to interpretation", punishments may be issued as interpreted and agreed upon by TopFrag Management. Any ambiguity falls on the side of TopFrag, and not individual players. If an ambiguity is reported to us, we will work to remove the ambiguity. Loopholes are treated in the same way, exploiting loopholes will be punished for in the same way as the rule you are exploiting - you should report loopholes, not exploit them.
§2. Game only rules
§2.1 - Hacking/Bug/Feature abusing - PERMANENT BAN
Using any kind of tool to change gameplay, including but not limited to using the in-game console, trainers or cheat engine.
§2.2 - Blocking of objective
Restricting a teams ability to complete the main objective, by throwing the bomb into an inaccessible area or anything similar.
§2.3 - Bans issued by Upper Staff
If a Upper Staff member thinks that a user joins TopFrag with the sole purpose to violate our rules, the ban length will be at that manager's discretion. Further punishments can be given following attempts to evade bans by creating new accounts as well as attempts to copyright claim the ban evidence or anything similar. In accordance to our Terms of Service staff is allowed to re-use evidence sent in our reports. In specific cases, the AmxBans Management reserves the right to keep ban evidence private upon review of the banned player.
3. Forum only rules
§3.1 - Forum profiles
Signatures - Multiple images are allowed, as long as the download size does not exceed 150kb, excluding hosting on external websites. The total height of the images may not exceed 150 pixels.
§3.2 - Forum topics, posts, status updates, and private messages
● Titles must be descriptive to the content of the topic.
● Posting replies irrelevant to a topic, or replies in a different language of the subforum will be removed, unless stated otherwise.
● Topics can only be bumped once every 3 days. Bumping topics unnecessarily is not allowed, unless the post adds content to the topic.
● Discussing punishments, reports, tickets, appeals, applications is prohibited, including complaints about staff.
● Trading or selling of any physical/digital goods is prohibited. Giveaways and unused game keys are allowed to be shared.
● Fundraiser links are prohibited, unless approved by management. This includes but is not limited to personal fund links, external votes, in real-life work and charities.
● Flashing and blinking images/GIFs are not allowed. This type of content can negatively impact on those that suffer from photosensitive epilepsy, who are vulnerable to flashing lights or contrasting light and dark patterns.
§3.3 - Category use/purpose
● A description of the intended purpose or use of a forum category can be found in the category description. Any topic that does not follow this can be moved, and even hidden or deleted. In case of users frequently posting in the wrong category, a verbal warning or even a warning point can be issued. Any category on the forum can have specific rules or requirements that only apply to that category. When this applies, information will be given in either the category description, above the category content or in a pinned topic in the category. Sub categories have the same category-specific rules and requirements as the parent category unless otherwise specified.
● When a category has a specified format, using this format is required unless otherwise specified. Formats are given in the same way as category-specific rules. In a category with strict moderation, any off-topic posts will be given a warning point, without verbal warnings prior. This is to ensure the quality of the information found in certain sections. These sections are identified with a (MODERATED REPLIES) tag in the section description.
§3.4 - Ban disputes and topics related.
We encourage our forums users to not post in ban disputes, and topics related to similar matters to avoid confusion and uneeded posts, unless they are:
● The banning Admin.
● The Person banned.
● A Player who can provide PROOF (Demo, Screenshot, Console Log).
● Upper Management, Community Management, AmxBans Management or Pug Management* Member.
(*Only for pug related disputes)
We do NOT need your "opinions, thoughts, or inputs" in those topics, and ALL UN-NEEDED POSTS WILL BE REMOVED!. Failure to comply to these rules can result in your posting ability to be removed for that subforum, and/or a ban.
§3.5 - Forum Punishments System
● The first 2 offenses result in verbal warnings applied using the Direct Messages system, with no additional restrictions.
● The 3rd offense results in 1 warning point being applied to your account, with no additional restrictions unless deemed necessary.
● The 4th offense results in 1 warning point with 7 days of content moderation.
● The 5th offense results in 1 warning point with 14 days of content restriction.
● The 6th offense results in 1 warning point with permanent content restriction.
Some offenses may only result in your content being hidden/removed, without any warnings applied. It is up to the Community Moderator's discretion to determine what punishment is appropriate in a given situation.
Content moderation - During a given time period all your posts/comments are put under review by a moderator, before being officially published.
Content restriction - During a given time period you are restricted from posting any content on the forum. This restriction may be permanent.
The Community Moderation Management reserve the right to apply more severe restrictions or remove your access to the forum at any time, if they deem it necessary. This can also be done by Community Moderators with Management approval.
§4. Disclaimer and information
§4.1 - Server Auto Kicks
Connection - If your connection to the server is unstable, you will be kicked in order to avoid desync issues for others.
Away from keyboard - Being inactive for 5 minutes or longer.
§4.2 - Staff and TopFrag
Staff reserve the right to kick or ban you from the TopFrag servers at any point if needed. Management has the right to exempt individuals from rules under special circumstances. We ask you to create a ban appeal if you are banned instead of messaging any member of the team privately. The servers and staff are provided free of charge for everyone and in that sense, everyone is a guest on the servers and it is a privilege that can be removed at any time. No form of persecution or offence toward any other members or staff team members will be permitted. We reserve the right to remove your right to access the servers at any time and at our discretion. Please note that the owners and managers of TopFrag are not linked to Valve or Steam in any way, shape, or form. TopFrag staff can be exempted from these rules if deemed necessary for their duties.
§4.3 - Appealing and filing a complaint
If you have been banned, you have the right to appeal the ban at our Ban Dispute section. If you feel that your ban appeal is not handled correctly or that you want to file a complaint against a staff member, message a Upper Management or Human Resources team member. Prior to contacting Upper Management or Human Resources, your ban appeal must have been Accepted or Declined. This feedback method is your last option. Any decision made by high ranked staff members will be final and cannot be appealed in another way. It is not possible to contact any member of the TopFrag staff about bans that are over a month old.
§4.4 - TopFrag assets and logo
Our assets, including our logo, are copyrighted.
§4.5 - TopFrag Tag
The TopFrag tag (tF`. or any variant of it) is only allowed to be worn by members who either:
1. Have made an application and have that gotten accepted by a Human Resources, Community Management or Upper Management member.
2. Received a personal invite from a Human Resources, Community Management or Upper Management member.
Any usage of our tag without one of those two points, is subject to have their name changed, being kicked and/or banned at Staff members descretion.
§4.6 - Changing these rules
TopFrag can change these rules at any time given. If one of those rules does not apply anymore, the others will still do. By using our community, you agree to all of these rules.